Xbox Live is a great service, but a lot of users end up running into the “Xbox live not connecting to internet” issue. It’s a common issue and has fairly easy steps troubleshooting steps.
There are several reasons why your Xbox not connected to internet. Here are some of the most common reasons you could be facing this issue:
- Xbox Live Server is not responding.
- Your internet connection is unstable.
- Software issues with the Xbox console.
- It may be hardware malfunctions on the Xbox Console.
- It may be an issue with the ISP service.
Here are all the troubleshooting steps you need to fix Xbox live not connecting to internet problem. Let’s get started.
10 Ways to Fix Xbox Not Connected To Internet Issue?
There are some troubleshooting steps that require you to tinker with the settings of your Xbox a little bit. Some steps don’t require you to do anything. Try out all of them, and see which fits well.
1. Check the Status of Xbox Live
If your Xbox is not connecting to Xbox Live, then it might be a server issue. If there’s a server error, you could get a message saying “Your Xbox live is not reachable at this moment”.
You could double-check if there’s a server error by opening a browser, and searching “Is Xbox live down?”. If there are any issues with the server, you’d find news articles about it.
Or, you can take the easier route, and visit the Xbox site to check the server status of Xbox live. On that page, you can check Xbox services including Games and Gaming, Accounts & Profile and Online Safety & Family, etc.
You can also go to downdetector.com, type Xbox Live in the search box and see if there’s a server error in your area.
2. Try a Network Connection Test
Another reason you could be facing this issue is if you have an inconsistent internet connection.
Here’s how you can do a network connection test on your Xbox:
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open Guide.
- Then go to “System” and go to “Settings”.
- After that, click on “General > Network Settings”.
- Finally, tap on Test Multiplayer Connection.
3. Try to Restart Your Xbox Console
If your Xbox live server is not causing any issues then you should try to restart your Xbox console. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 5-10 sec.
- Wait till the light on your console turns off.
- Unplug your Xbox console and wait for at least 2-3 minutes.
- Plug the cord back in.
- Finally, turn on the power button and try to connect your Xbox controller and Xbox Live.
4. Check for Updates on Your Xbox
If none of the above-mentioned options worked to fix Xbox live not connecting to the internet, outdated firmware could be to blame. Here’s how to check for the updates on your Xbox:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller, and select the Guide option.
- Go to your Profile.
- After that tap on Settings.
- Then click on Check for new updates:
|System > Updates & Downloads > Update Console|
5. Try to Restart Your WiFi Router
Another fix you can try is restarting your WiFi router. Chances are existing cache could be causing the Xbox not connecting to internet problem. Restarting your WiFi router can fix the issue.
6. Check LAN Cable
If you are using an Xbox console with a wired internet connection and you are facing Xbox not connected to internet issues, then you should check for the damages and cutouts in your LAN cable.
You also can check the network speed of the internet while connecting it to your computer.
7. Disconnect Others From WiFi
If you want to connect Xbox Live with your Xbox console then you first restrict your network accessibility for others. After that, you just restart your router and try to connect Xbox live with Xbox.
8. Use a Separate Internet Connection
Just try to connect your Xbox console with your mobile hotspot or other WiFi connection. Through this process, you can easily detect that it is a problem with your internet or Xbox console.
9. Remove and Add Your Xbox Account Again
Is Xbox live down spoiling your entertainment? Then you should log out and log in to your Xbox account again. So, you should follow the below steps to remove your Xbox account:
- First press the Xbox button.
- Then tap on your Profile.
- Go to Settings > Account > Remove Accounts.
- Then choose the account to remove.
- Tap on Remove again to confirm.
Thereafter you should follow these instructions to add back to your Xbox account:
- First, you press the Xbox button to open Guide.
- Then tap on your Profile.
- Go to Add or Switch > Add New.
- Then fill in your account details, and your account will be restored.
10. Try to Reset Your Xbox Console
If your Xbox live status is fine, your internet is working well, etc, then it may be the issue related to the software component of the Xbox firmware. To solve this issue you should follow the below steps:
- First, press the Xbox button on your controller and then tap on the Guide option.
- Then tap on the Profile option.
- After that select the Settings option.
- Now navigate your System and choose the Console Info option.
- Then tap on Reset Console.
- Finally tap on the “ Reset and remove everything” option.
This process will reset your Xbox console and remove everything from your Xbox console. It might solve your issues related to Xbox not being connected to the internet issues.
This concludes our guide on how to fix the Xbox not connecting to internet issue. Go through the troubleshooting steps one by one, and fix the issue with ease. In case, we’ve missed something, let us know.