Error Code R008 is a very common runtime error that happens when your device is trying to understand certain files or data. If any of the files are damaged or corrupted, you’ll end up getting the error code R008. It can even happen if you have a faulty piece of hardware. In some special cases, it may also be caused by a virus or some time of malware that you may have come across.
If you’ve recently encountered the Error Code R008, then you need to fix it ASAP. Fixing it will prevent your computer from being damaged anymore. Fortunately for you, there are multiple ways to fix error code R008.
If you’ve Googled “how to fix error code R008?”, and you’ve landed on this blog, then welcome.
There are similar keyphrases that users often search to find a solution to error code R008:
- Western union error code r7008
- Error code R008
- Google store error code r008
Now let’s dive into the methods of fixing error code r008.
How to Fix Error Code: R008?
There are 3 main ways you can use to fix the error code r008. Here’s a breakdown of them.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Error code r008 can be because of a faulty internet connection. You need to check if your internet service is working properly or not. Here’s how you can do that:
- Open any of the browsers on your computer
- Check the status of your internet service. If it’s not working, then disconnect and connect to it again,
- Check if there are any error codes that are showing when you’re trying to use the internet.
- If everything is okay, then you need to reach out to your internet service provider.
2. Check Hardware
As we mentioned above, sometimes faulty hardware can also cause the error code r008.
- Check the power supply on your device, if it seems faulty then restart your device.
- Try to make a payment, if the error code remains then replace the power supply.
3. Try Some Other Payment Methods
If you’ve tried virtually everything and you still can’t get rid of the r008 error code, then there’s nothing else you can do except try another payment method. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the menu of your device, and go to settings.
- Choose the option “Phone”
- Click on “Payment”
- Go to “Credit/Debit card”
- Enter your card details and the CVV
- Click on proceed and wait for the payment to be processed.
- If the payment doesn’t go through, then restart your device.
You could also try out:
- Check your account balance and try again
- Check the card details and try again
- Try another card for the payment
- Contact your bank or the card issuing company
- Contact Apple Support