Came across an unrecoverable error in QuickBooks? Want to learn how to fix unrecoverable error in QuickBooks desktop? It’s no doubt that QuickBooks is one of the leading accounting software in the world, but it still has some issues.
There are a few glitches and mistakes that can cause your work to stop. And these issues can happen because of network issues and corrupted data. In this guide, we’ll cover how to fix unrecoverable error in QuickBooks desktop.
Common QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Codes
There are some unrecoverable error codes that happen more commonly than other errors. If you’re also facing this error, then you need to know how to fix QuickBooks unrecoverable errors and which ones are the most common:
- 00551 46274
- 00000 14775
- 00227 55008
- 13730 84631
- 02457 79428
- 20103 33023
- 19758 63847
- 20888 41171
- 15563 13890
- 00000 15204
When You Will Encounter the Error Code?
There are some specific situations that cause the error codes, these include:
- When you open a QuickBooks desktop file on a workstation the unrecoverable error code happens.
- When printing, emailing or saving as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop.
- Unrecoverable error may come up when chaining targets or using the rebuild tool.
- While using QuickBooks Online Bill Pay option to write checks on when importing accountant’s modification.
- If there is any data corruption on your company files.
- While doing bank reconciliation or viewing prior reconciliation reports.
Steps to Fix Resolving QuickBooks Unrecoverable Errors
1. Prevent QuickBooks From Starting at Windows Startup
One of the most tried and true ways to avoid QuickBooks unrecoverable errors is to prevent the program from launching all Windows upon startups:
- Hold down the Alt Key while double-clicking the QuickBooks program icon.
- When the system asks you to enter the password, let go of the Alt key and enter your Password.
- Click Ok, and then press and hold the Alt key again when the application opens.
- Let go of the Alt key.
2. Copy Company File to Your Desktop
This is another way you need to know how to fix unrecoverable error in QuickBooks desktop. Here’s how to copy the company file to your desktop:
- In this step, start by opening the folder in which your QuickBooks company file is.
- Use the search bar to find the .qbw extension.
- Copy this file and then paste the file to your desktop.
- Now press the CTRL key and then open the QuickBooks app. An option will show up by saying “No Company Open”.
- In the end, Click on Open, and Browse the File where you have pasted the company file.
3. Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop
- Press and hold the CTRL key and then open the QuickBooks application icon.
- After, press and hold the CTR key until the “No Company Open” window comes up on the screen.
- Choose the ideal desired company file from the No Company open Window.
- Once done, press and hold the ALT key and also choose the Ope icon.
- If you’re redirected to the login page, let go of the Alt key. Then type in the login credentials.
- If you’re not automatically redirected to the login page, then keep holding the ALT key.
- Press the ALT key, followed by clicking the OK tab. Do make sure that you don’t release the ALT key u until the file opens up.
4. Open a Sample Company File
When you open a sample company file, it helps in figuring out issues that are related to the company file or with QuickBooks itself. Once you’ve opened the file, follow the steps below:
- If you’re unable to open the sample company file, then chances are that the file may be damaged or the folder where the file is stored is damaged. In that case, you should try to copy the file to some other locations.
- Another step that you can use is a recent backup or ADR to restore the file. If the error keeps continuing, you should try data damage fixing steps.
Steps to Open the Company File
If you don’t know how to open a sample company file, here are the steps to do so:
- You can open the sample company file from the No Company Open Window by selecting the Open a Sample file option.
- Head forward, and go for any sample file on the list.
Steps to Copy the Company File to a Different Location
When you copy and open the company file from a different location, then you can see if the folder that has the company file is damaged. If in case you get the same unrecoverable error pop-up after moving the file, then it shows that the company file or QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- To open the company file from a different location, right-click on the desktop and click on the “New Folder” option.
- Name the new folder “QBTEST”
- Then, right-click on the file and choose Copy option.
- Paste the copied file into the QBTEST Folder that was built earlier.
- Once the file is pasted successfully, open the file from the QBTEST folder.
5. Run the Reboot.bat File
The last way to learn how to fix unrecoverable error in QuickBooks desktop is to run the reboot.bat file. Here are the steps:
- Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks xxx Ver 00.0 (enter the version of QuickBooks in Place of “xxx” and enter the version number in place of “00.0”).
- Find the Reboot.bat file and right-click on the file to run it as an admin.
- Go back to the desktop and open the QuickBooks app. If it opens, then the issue is fixed. If not, reboot your device and try the same steps again.